Friday, September 23, 2011

Beer Review - Gordon Biersch Blonde Bock


B-Daddy here, with a beer review to go with yesterday's restaurant review of Gordon Biersch. Since I have been drinking pale ales of late (Alpine Ale and Mirror Pond), I thought I would go with a lager with my steak at Gordon Biersch restaurant. I am not the biggest fan of GB, but since they brew on premise, I thought the freshness would help.

This beer poured a little darker than the blonde it is advertised to be. (An aside about "blondes" the beers, not the women. I have noticed that they seem too be used to confuse. For instance, Shiner Blonde is actually a Pilsner.) The beer poured a nice medium golden color, with a decent head. It was both maltier and hoppier than anticipated, since my main bock is Shiner Bock. It had a bit of "biscuit" flavor, which was fine under the circumstance, although I am normally not a fan. It was very drinkable, and I didn't really notice its slightly above average 7% ABV. I ended up having two pints and having a great evening out with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter